Nearly everyone experiences back pain at some point in their life, and Chiropractic treatment may well be the best solution to relieve it.
Chiropractors work on the joints, muscles and soft tissues of the spine, and in doing so help remove irritation to the nervous system, which controls every system in the body. We use our hands to apply gentle specific adjustments to the joints, a technique we call manipulation, to improve movement in the joint and allow the body’s natural (innate) healing ability to work. Chiropractic care does not use drugs or surgery.
Poor posture and back pain
Poor posture may lead to back pain. You may be advised to alter your posture if you:
- Spend hours sitting at a desk, in front of a screen, or tv.
- Spend hours using a smartphone or tablet – “text-neck”
- Drive long distances or commute to work
- Sleep in a bed that is too soft or hard, or use too many pillows
- Find your shoulders hunched up around your ears if you get stressed
By taking a full history and doing a thorough examination, we build up a picture of the likely cause of your back pain, and can then advise on the best way to avoid to treat it.
From the team at Barron Chiropractic Clinic - celebrating 30 years of providing natural healthcare to the people of Walton-on-Thames